Tuesday, April 30, 2013

How We Might Have Met the World


Just when I think I might love EPCOT Center a little too much, I run across something like this absolutely extraordinary site that contains the most informative, fascinating explorations of the Japan pavilion at EPCOT I've ever seen.

While I knew there was a massive, unused show building in the Japan, I was unaware of exactly why Meet the World never opened, aside from concerns Walt Disney Productions had about how American veterans would perceive the show's depiction (or lack thereof) of World War II.

This video is a brilliant example of just how much thought and care went into planning and creating EPCOT Center, and why it remains the world's most unique, and fascinating, theme parks.

So, follow this link and enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Germany has a huge unused area as well next to Beirgarten Restaurant. A waste of space!